October 09, 2003

How sad. What was the best music site ever has commited corporate suicide.


I am really surprised they were able to do this to their label partners. It hoses the small labels that people were able to discover when their risk for trying them out was zero. Like many of the people on the site, I would go a few months downloading very little, then go on two or three day blitzes of exploring.


eMusic gave me a similar feeling to that given by old-school Napster�, insofar as it made music a more central part of my life again. I was able to hear new things, and on Napster, I'd quite often explore people's collections and see if there was something that I hadn't heard before.


Oh well, if the music industry doesn't want my money, so be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home